Sunday, June 07, 2009

RV Trip 2009

For Doug's vacation this year we decided to take a two and a half week RV trip to Texas to visit The Barragans. We logged in over 3000 miles and over 63 hours of drive time. I have to admit once it was time to head out on our trip Doug and I were saying, "What are we thinking, two weeks in an RV with two kids under 5!"

We did alot of praying and headed out on our journey. I must report that our trip went better than expected! We did not hit ANY traffic, there were no accidents or breakdowns, and the kids did awesome!!! Now don't get me wrong, the trip did NOT feel like a vacation for Doug and I but it was definitely a hit with the boys.

It brought us to a new realization in life. As parents we do things that are not always fun or easy for us. We do these things to help give our kids awesome memories to look back on. Thank you mom and dad and Mama and Papa D for taking one for the team on many vacations while Doug and I were growing up. You succeeded in giving us both wonderful memories with no recollection of how painful it had to have been at times for you. Please know that with being parents now we truly appreciate what you did for us, We Love You!!!!!!

Now that we have been home a couple of weeks I can look back on the trip and say that I am really glad we did it but next year, Hawaii here we come!!!





Rollin with the Homeys!!!!

No comments: